My daughter makes this recipe quite often. I finally asked for the recipe. She said she found the recipe on the back of a cake mix box.
- 1 packaged yellow cake mix
- 1/3 cup of butter or margarine (softened)
- 1 egg
- 3 cups miniature marshmallows
- 2/3 cup corn syrup
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 10 ounce bag of peanut butter chips
- 2 cups crisp rice cereal
- 2 cups salted peanuts
Have oven preheated to 350 degrees.
- Combine cake mix, 1/3 cup butter or margarine and egg. Beat at low speed until crumbly. Bake for 12 – 18 minutes until light golden brown.
- Remove from oven, sprinkle with marshmallows. Return to oven for a minute or two till marshmallows puff. Let cool while preparing topping.
- In large saucepan combine all topping ingredients except cereal and peanuts. Heat until chips are melted and mixture is smooth, stirring constantly. Remove from heat, stir in cereal and peanuts. Immediately spoon warm topping over the marshmallows, spreading to cover. Refrigerate 1 hour until firm. Makes 48 bars